A la Carte Background Checks
Why Work with the Boston Nanny Centre?
The Boston Nanny Centre offers a range of screening services to family clients who have identified a candidate independently and would like the agency’s support to determine the candidate’s viability. We can do background checks, in-person interviewing, reference checking, and contract preparation.
Reference Checking ~ $75 per reference
- In depth conversation with references regarding candidate’s ability to interact with children as well as perform job functions.
- Interview techniques from 30 years of experience to assess reference’s authenticity.
- All references delivered in a written report.
Comprehensive Background Check ~ $325
- Verification & trace of candidate’s social security number.
- National sex offender registry clearance.
- State/Federal criminal history search.
- Driving record check.
One-hour Consultation ~ $275
- 60 minute consult on nanny hiring process including what qualities to look for in a nanny, how to market your job to attract the right type of candidate, communication during the interview process and after, legal obligations as an employer, salary ranges, and benefits.
- Detailed interview questions and suggestions for best hiring practices.
- Advice during the nanny/family negotiation process.
- Post-placement support for the life of the placement, including troubleshooting and conversations about quarterly/yearly reviews and raises.
Post-Hire/Contract Package ~ $375
- 30 minute phone consultation reviewing details of the job requirements.
- Complete contract preparation using Boston Nanny Centre’s comprehensive template and tailored to family’s needs.
- Revision of contract after initial draft reviewed by family.
- Verified signature from candidate.
- Copy of contract held at Boston Nanny Centre.
- Post-placement support for life of placement related to fulfillment of contract details by family and nanny.
- Contract update at time of 1 year job renewal.