Nanny Candidates & Requirements
The Boston Nanny Centre is incredibly proud of its candidate pool and is always actively seeking new nannies and household managers to join our agency. We look for caregivers who are warm, loving, hardworking, dependable, experienced, and emotionally mature. A family must be able to count on their nanny 100%, so we only consider candidates who understand the incredible amount of responsibility in the role.
All prospective candidates must also meet the following basic requirements:
- Are 21 or older
- Have earned their high school diploma or GED
- Do not smoke, regularly or socially
- Have legal permission to work in the United States
- Recognize that their income is taxable and are willing to be paid legally
- Have at least 3 long-term professional childcare references from recent employment that the agency can objectively verify (preferably a minimum of 3-5 years of full-time experience)
- Are able to make a one year commitment to a position
- Must be comfortable undergoing a background check, including criminal history, the sex offender registry, and the Massachusetts CORI, in addition to having your social security number traced and verified. Candidates with driver’s licenses will also undergo a driving record check
We want our nannies to feel valued and respected in their role. We recognize that nannies may find positions in many ways, but there are incredible benefits to finding a placement through a licensed, insured agency. We are here to streamline your search, so you only interview with families that are true possibilities for you and who meet the requirements you have for a position. We can assist with negotiations and be your advocate in receiving a strong compensation package, including competitive hourly rates, health care stipends, and paid time off. Most importantly, BNC is here throughout your entire placement with the family. You can call or email us at any time to discuss questions/concerns or seek our advice on how to handle any situation that can arise when working in such a personal professional environment. Our placement counselors are former nannies themselves, so we understand the nature of the nanny-family relationship.